6 Trends That Will Dominate Digital Marketing In 2018
The best way to execute a marketing strategy that will be successful and on-trend for next year is to start planning now. The best practice is to begin determining which marketing tactics are most applicable to your business, and most likely to attract your target audience to achieve excellent conversion rates. These six trends that will dominate digital marketing in 2018 should be the first you consider adding into your marketing strategy. And whether you decide to personalize your website content, hire a content development team in-house, master micro-moments, or hire brand ambassadors, this list encompasses all the trends that deserve your attention. Start incorporating them into your planning, and figure out which ones you can best execute for marketing success in 2018.
- High-Quality Video Content Is the New Trend. There is an essence of Psychology behind why visualization through the form of videos is such a promising marketing tool. When someone watches a video, they are more likely to become more attached to the message or story due to the visual and interactive elements that are usually lacking in a written message. This means your audience will be more likely to engage in the form of likes or sharing your video. Whether you are putting out advertising videos, YouTube videos, or you’re taking advantage of the high engagement rates of social media video features, consumers are tempted by the deeper attachment they form with videos.
- Take Advantage of Influencers. Customers that love your brand can bring awareness to it through referrals and word-of-mouth. Whether they are out with friends or in the workplace, it can be an opportunity for them to spread the word about your brand. However, if you have the budget for it, you can set your sights on using brand ambassadors. You can hire someone with a large social media or blog following to promote your product singularly through an advertisement or continuously through being a brand ambassador. Imagine you sell beauty products, like makeup. You could hire a beauty blogger or a YouTuber that regularly puts up videos of makeup tutorials; they can use your makeup as part of a tutorial or blog post to promote it to their following. No matter what products you sell, you can most likely find an influencer that can promote your brand.
- Get Plain Sight Exposure with Native Advertising. Native advertising is an advertising strategy (primarily used online) where the ad experience matches the natural form of the content it is presented on. This is a new way of advertising that is presented seamlessly, rather than frustrating and interruptive ads. A common type of native advertising is sponsored content, whether on blogs or a social media platform.
- Create a Team of Content Developers. Whether you are working on your company’s blog or your Instagram account, you want to produce content that is unique and personalized to your target audience, and that will be memorable enough to attract new followers and to keep old ones. This is a tall order and one that not everyone can achieve. That’s why hiring an experienced writer to develop content for your company is an excellent way to start producing the level of content you need. You want to find someone that has knowledge or experience wiring about your industry and can write in a way that will interest customers and keep them coming back for more. Finding the best writer for your content development can be tricky; you want to end up with a writer that will be able to portray best your brand and the voice and message you want to come across.
- Personalize with Smart Content. The most successful content marketing strategies focus on making a personalized experience for their customers. Instead of using static content, create a website that is dynamic and creates an experience that is unique to each customer’s needs and preferences. Personalized content will increase the amount of engagement with calls-to-action, and will also increase your rates of customer conversion. Essentially, create a content marketing strategy that personalizes the content to reach and engage with your customers. Successful brands are the ones that associate with people on a personal level, and your content should be the same way.
- Micro-Moments as Marketing. Micro-moments are a new consumer behavior that any intelligent brand should be paying attention to, and trying to master. A “micro-moment” is when an individual, or a consumer, immediately turns to some device to answer a question or to determine where to go, what to do, or what to buy. Recent statistics show that over 95% of smartphone users turn to their device for research the moment they feel the need to find an answer to a question. That kind of percentage is something that can’t be denied or ignored. That behavior is more than just common across smart phone users, and that gives it incredible marketing potential. Successfully mastering micro-moments requires anticipating and addressing potential micro-moment needs of your current or potential customers, and having that needed information ready to go.
The marketing push in the last year has been centered on digital technology and consequently, digital marketing. The range of ways for brands to connect and interact with their customers or their target audience is wider than ever, and forward-thinking businesses have quickly started to take advantage in the last year. But don’t worry, it’s not too late to get a jump on the digital marketing trends that have started to form as we head into 2018. Get to work planning on how you will execute some or all the upcoming digital marketing trends, and then get a jump on them before the New Year rolls around. Being prepared will help your business be competitive. Have you started using one or more of the trends listed in this article? Do you have another trend you feel will dominate digital marketing next year that isn’t listed? Leave a comment below and tell us about your experience!